Monday, September 12, 2011

Quick and Easy--Queso con carne!

I've got another quick and easy for you this week, queso con carne! Now, this is not the healthiest of dinners, I admit. It's not something we often, but it is definitely yummy! Ingredients below include; Marvella or really, off-brand Velveeta, a can of white queso, a package of hot pork sausage, and then I chopped up half an onion and a whole green pepper. I had an extra pack of peppers out in case I thought I needed more, but I didn't end up using them.
002
Throw down that meat! Seasoned with salt&pepper, and garlic powder (hmm, I think we are addicted to that stuff!).
003
Once the meat is browned and drained, throw the veggies into another pan to saute. I didn't want them to not cook in the meat, or to get soggy, that's why I cook them a bit separately. After they are browned to my desire, I toss them into the meat.
004
Add about half of the velveeta log, and the whole can of white queso. Stir until melted, serve with tortilla chips. :) Yummy, and quick. This recipe takes around 20-30 minutes from prep to finish. 
005

No comments:

Post a Comment